Monday, August 18, 2014

Don't Count The Miles. Make The Miles Count.


Hello all-

My my my it has been awhile. It was only yesterday when I said Yahoo- Summer’s approaching! (fist pumping into the air) Or so I thought it was yesterday.

Anyways- Yes I have been busy. Yes I have neglected the blog. But most importantly- Yes I am still running J Now that deserves a fist pump.

Usually at this time of the year I am limping around town and making daily visits to the doctor’s office treating another injury. With that being said. There is one thing I am sure of.
During the times of doctor visits I was:

DRUM ROLL.......

Overtraining.

 


 

Even being injured- I was running more days of the week and longer durations that I am now. I can gladly say that I am not only injury free, I am running faster and stronger than I have pre-college days.

 
This summer I have PR’d in 4 events! (PR = Personal Record- If only you knew what I thought this meant all through college..)

880 (over half mile): 3:25 Baxter Woods course
1 mile: 7:08 Baxter Woods course
5k (3.1 miles): 24:28 Ocean Park 5k
10k (6.2 miles): 52:52 Beach to Beacon

This Wednesday I will be attempting to beat my 1 mile PR. It has been exactly 1 month since my running group has done this time trial. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

For now I wanted to check in and let you know I am alive. I know you were worried. I was a bit worried too.

More to come tonight.

xo

T