Sunday, June 15, 2014

Back in the swing!

Yes I know. It has been some time since I wrote. I probably started 3 posts, but none of them sounded cool enough due to the lack of exercise from my stupid injury. I repeat, stupid.


Here is what I look like when I blog. 

Nerd4Lyfe.

Here is what my week looked like. 


Monday: Rest- Mondays are always rest days. Though I really wanted to run on this day, my OCD told me to stick to my routine. There will be days that I run on Mondays. In fact, tomorrow will be one of those days. 

Tuesday: Spin class. If you are crazy like me and interested in a 5:30 a.m. (sweat your entire weekend of bad eating off) class then join me at Quest Cycle in Portland! You can sign up here.  But don't say I didn't warn you. Scott went with me once. Haven't seen him since ;) 

Wednesday: Another early morning. First run in over a week. 3.6 miles around Back Bay with the rising sun. I really enjoyed it. Afterwards, straight to Planet Fitness to the stair machine. I  did level 8/9 for 15 minutes. A near death experience for me every. single. time. Last, 8 minute abs. It is strongly encouraged for runners to keep a strong core. I try to do this routine at least 5 days a week. 

Thursday: Rest. I admit I am terrible at "easing" back into things. Hence my injured foot. I could tell that I needed a break on this day. So I did just that. 

Friday (the 13th): After work spin class. Planet fitness for 1.3 miles on the treadmill. Lame Tia. 8 minute abs. 

Saturday: 4 miles + 8 minute abs. 

Sunday (today): 2 miles + 20 minute beautiful walk on the beach + 8 minute abs. 

Total mileage: 10.9 miles

Clearly I didn't get many miles accomplished. But I was able to get enough cardio without really hurting my foot. This week I plan on running 5 days, still keeping my mileage low. 

I am realizing that I making myself sound like I could go out and run a 50 mile week. Wrong. I am way out of running shape. A 3 mile run is still tough for me at this point. Once I am over that hurdle, I can go as long as I want (relatively speaking). 

As for the rest of the week. Picture per day.

Louie boy in our new pretty room. The pillow is my fave. 


 

Wednesday's sunrise. This is why I wake up at that hour. 

 


A happy accident. Decided to take a different route and found the trail that everyone talks about. Don't you love when that happens? 


Green + no vehicles = Happy Tia. 




Sweaty-Monster looking Tia. 

Speaking of Fathers Day. Happy Fathers Day to the best Dad. I can't write enough about you. You are the best. 




Look how well I turned out!


Still one of my favorite pictures. The face says it all.

Thank God Scott and I share the same love for Mexican food.






The Island girls came to Portland this weekend.




And I was so so happy to see them.

View from our run this morning. Windy. But smelt so right. 




A painful yet beautiful walk on the beach. The sand was tough on the injured foot. Damn you foot. 



Matching Asics on Jody the Pearl (my car) while we washed our sandy toes off. 



Ice. Ice. And more Ice. Thank you STL.  




There was no way I wasn't going to have seafood after that salty run. I asked for a lobster roll, and my wish came true!


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Stay tuned for more.

P.S. Thank you to everyone who has been reading. It puts a big smile on my face!!!

Happy training.

xo

T